Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Give me a Secure Land



Unafraid,
These rapists will dare again
To unclothe  
Another innocent girl,
Who, moments ago had
Danced to the tunes
Hummed a song
At the break of the dawn

Where is the justice?
Will they ever punished
I am never in the know
Always caught unaware

It is the women
You blame
Why must she be ashamed?
Let me live in safe country
With future secured

Alas!
Windy discussions and
Hollow threats is
No solution
To end violence
Chop off their pride,
Cripple their manhood
Show your courage
Punish those cowards

Not every girl can use a pepper can,
Nor punch a karate shot in the air,
Extend your hand to hold me,
Give me a secure land
A beautiful world I seek
Where woman is respected,
With pride, I could walk

Please show me your power
Show me your strength
Tell me that I can trust you
Tell me you truly care.

Sharing my thought with Marathon Bloggers who decide to blog everyday in the month of December

2 comments:

  1. LOVED this poem Pushpa!! You have put it so well.
    "Not every girl can use a pepper can,
    Nor punch a karate shot in the air,
    Extend your hand to hold me,
    Give me a secure land"
    Now if we as a nation of crores of people can do something about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely lines, Pushpa!
    wish we had the answer :-(

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback but anonymous comments are not encouraged, they may not be published.

Thank U for this award

Thank U for this award
It feels good to be appreciated
Do you love what you read here? Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... @Pushpa Moorjani